MEETING AND TRYOUTS
There will be an informational meeting for all players interested in joining the team on Thursday, August 22nd, 8:00 pm, FAU Business School, Room BU102. Please bring your “Z” number and a pen as there will be paperwork that needs to be completed. The meeting will be attended by Club Officers and Board Members who can answer all your questions. PLEASE BRING SHOULDER AND ELBOW PADS FOR JERSEY FITTING.
There are 2 tryout sessions: (see guidelines below)
Tuesday, August 27th, 9:00 PM, Panther’s Ice Den
Thursday, August 29th, 9:30 PM, Palm Beach IceWorks
FAU Ice Hockey hosts open tryouts in the beginning of the fall semester. Fall Tryouts are generally 2 ice sessions beginning Syllabus week.
Interested players must:
- Wear full, NCAA approved ice hockey equipment.
- Be enrolled at Florida Atlantic University as a degree-seeking student. Students with non-degree status are not eligible to play on the team.
- Taking at least 9 credit hours for undergraduate students and 6 credit hours for graduate students.
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.0 or higher (freshmen are exempt from this requirement).
- Please bring a “light” and “dark” colored jersey to tryouts.
Tryout dates, times, and location will be announced before the start of school on this website as well as our social media platforms. Fill out the Prospective Student-Athlete Form to get more information.